WSCST and Header?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSCST and Header?

Tim, the first thing is to find out if there is already a WSCST object for the printer you are using. Retrieve the source of the WSCST into a source file member using the RTVWSCST command. You can then modify the source and use it to create a new object using the CRTWSCST command. Then change the remote output queue description to use your new object. Specify Host print transform = *YES, Manufacturer type and model = *HP5SI (or whatever), Workstation customizing object = QUSRSYS/HP5SIMOD (your modified WSCST). It sounds as though what you want to do is force everything that goes to this queue to print landscape with tumble duplex, regardless of the spooled file attributes actually specified. What you can do therefore is to find the ASCII control sequence that corresponds to the behaviour you want e.g. :PRTORIENT ORIENT=LANDSCAPE DATA ='1B266C334F'X. :TUMDUPXPRT DATA ='1B266C3253'X. then change all the alternative options to use those data values so that whatever attributes are actually set the WSCST will provide the data sequences for landscape and tumble duplex. It will probably take a bit of experimentation to get exactly the effect you want. Good luck, Dave...

WSCST and Header?

I have a remote outque that I would like to use a WSCST on that would force the writer to always print the doc in Long edge duplexing. My understanding of the WSCST is that I can change EBCDIC data streems to ASCII to add functionality depending on the printer being used. But my question is, if the printer can handle the function can I force the printer to print everything landscape, on both sides, with the odd pages upside down so the numbering and layout is correct. It should look like a landscape book with the binder at the top. Any help? Wow that was hard to explain! Clear as mud? Any help would be great! Thanks Tim

Comment

WSCST and Header?

I also want use a pin code number when the spool file is sent. This number is used for billling. The printer vendor gave me the code to do this but they said it has to be used in the Header. How do I find the header of a spool file and how do I manipulate that? Thanks again. tim

Comment

Working...
      X