InfoPrint40's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InfoPrint40's

Jim, Maybe these printers are going into 'sleep' mode and they can't be woke up when printing through the 400 over IP. I seem to remember this happening on some of our printers. If the printers have a sleep mode try disabling it on one of them to see if that corrects the problem. Scott Mildenberger

InfoPrint40's

Thanks for the suggestion, Scott. Unfortunately I checked the settings and I found a power saver mode which was turned off already. Jim

Comment

InfoPrint40's

Jim, I believe I have had this kind of problem. It is the ' keep alive' parameter in the desc. You need to change the device descriptions - to use a 'user defined object' Call it what you want in whichever lib(QGPL?) It is of type *PSFCFG. Firstly tho. create the PSF object. CRTPSFCFG - The parameter you are interested in is release timer - change from nomax to sec15. Give this a whirl and let me know what happens - there are other tweaks ' in here........... Email me on my hotmail account as I don't get on here everyday. clongley@hotmail.com

Comment

InfoPrint40's

I have a small problem with the 5 IBM InfoPrint40's in my print room. The first time trying to print a file each day, the job gets hung up in PND status. The only way I can clear it is to hld the job, ENDWTR, reboot the printer, STRPRTWTR, and rls the job. Then it prints fine for the rest of the day. The printer is set up as an IP printer. Has anyone got any suggestions? I will add that my company has at least a couple hundred printers set up through IP, including Lexmarks and HP's, and these InfoPrint 40's are the only ones giving me this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Jim

Comment

InfoPrint40's

Carlos, I tried emailing you, but your account is coming back inactive. Anyway, your first suggestion didn't have any effect. You mentioned other "tweaks"? Jim

Comment

Working...
          X