Printing to multiple OUTQ's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing to multiple OUTQ's

Without rerunning the program to generate the spool files, if you have the natural setup, CL program calls RPG to generate Report, you can place the report on SAVE(*YES) and then perform a CHGSPLFA for File(Qxxxxx) Job(xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx) SplNbr(*Last) Select(*Current Prt_Dvc Frm_Typ Usr_Dta) Outq(Lib/Outq) and the Release the Spool File. There are tools available from various vendors to DUPSPLF along with CPYSPLF (from IBM) *FCFC. Good luck.

Thanks for the quick response! I'll give it a try.

Comment

I'm trying to print the same report to 2 OUTQ's without having to OVRPRTF and execute the called program twice in the same CL. Is there a better way to do this? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Lee, Thanks again for the help. I also ended up using the RLSSPFL cmd(from IBM) to print the second time. For anyone interested, Here is what I did to make it work; OVRPRTF FILE(CIRPRT01P) OUTQ(IRV00438) HOLD(*NO) CALL PGM(CIRPRT01R) DLTOVR FILE(*ALL) DUPSPLF FILE(CIRPRT01P) JOB(&NBR/&USR/&JOB) + PRTFILE(QSYSPRT) OUTQ(IRV00447) SPLNBR(*LAST) RLSSPLF FILE(QSYSPRT) JOB(&NBR/&USR/&JOB) + SPLNBR(*LAST)

Comment

Working...
        X