Using keyword BARCODE in printer files for HP printers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using keyword BARCODE in printer files for HP printers

Leif - I believe you have to have an IPDS-capable printer to print barcodes using DDS. This would require some sort of card or appliance for the HP printer to perform this task. HTH, Steve

You don't need any special ipds card in the printer. Its all dependant on how you define the printer. I print to a HP5 printer defined on our network as DEVCLS ( *LAN ) TYPE ( 3812 ) MODEL ( 1 ) MFRTYPMDL ( *HP5 ) SYSDRVPGM ( *HPPJLDRV ) TRANSFORM ( *YES ) Trevor

Comment

I have in the past been successful using the Keyword Barcode to print to IBM printers. I am not able to print the same code on an HP printer (HP4000). Is there anything special I need to do in order to accomplish this. The Code in the Printer file is as Follows: A PCLNBC 8A 83BARCODE(CODE3OF9 1) Thanks for all assistance.

Comment

I would add that the AS/400 printer file needs to be defined as device type *AFPDS. There was an article in the April 2001 issue of MC about AFP printing. Chris

Comment

An alternate way would be to create the printer file as the default *SCS, but OvrPrtF DevType(*AFPDS). Same thing.
          Bill
          I would add that the AS/400 printer file needs to be defined as device type *AFPDS. There was an article in the April 2001 issue of MC about AFP printing.

Comment

Working...
          X