Configure LPT1 attached Dot Matrix printer for AS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configure LPT1 attached Dot Matrix printer for AS400

If this printer is only to be used by the individuals utilizing the PC that it is attached to, you could setup a Client Access session as a printer and give this a unique name (in CA Configuration). This will autocreate a printer device. Then simply have the PC startup include the starting of the Printer CA Session. I commonly have used this for remote PCs with attached printer(s) and it works fine.

My Network Services Team would like to attach a Epson LQ2180 dot matrix printer to the LPT 1 parallel port on a user's PC running Windows 2000 print services. Assign a static IP address to the PC and use it as an AS/400 printer. We are on V4R4, using Client Access Express, TCP/IP, and have a number of IP configured printers. We usually use a HP Jet Direct or Lantronix device to set the IP address for the printers. I tried setting it up as a RMTOUTQ and also as a *lan physical device. It varies on but I receive the message that the remote device rejects the communications attempt. Has Any one done this before?

Comment

When using Windows NT or W2K with a remote output queue you must ensure you have 'TCP/IP printing services' installed and running before the PC will accept any spool files from the AS400

Comment

Working...
      X