Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsupported cpi printer error message

Vicki,
    The programmer may have sent a hex-code sequence to tell the printer to print at that CPI. That gets into some programming and knowledge about hex-code sequences and tranparency commands, blah blah, which might be more effort than it is worth.
    As an alternate method, have you tried telling the system that it is another type of printer? How about a 4214 or similar, heck even a 3812 might work.
    Bill
    I am trying to print 12 cpi to a printronix P300. The system auto-configured the printer to be a device type of 5225. Several years ago, another programmer was able to get this to work by sending "some command" to the printer prior to sending the spooled file. Unfortunately, the system has been replaced and no one can remember what he did.

Unsupported cpi printer error message

No luck with changing the device type to a 4214. It actually let me change it but when I release the splf the writer ends. I get a message saying "writer ended normally". I tried the 3812 type but in changing the description I was prompted to enter a printer font and I didn't have a clue as to what to enter. Any other ideas??

Comment

Supported CPI and font listings may be found in the appendix to the CL manual. I'm not sure what they are doing in this location, but there they are! Dave

Comment

I am trying to print 12 cpi to a printronix P300. The system auto-configured the printer to be a device type of 5225. Several years ago, another programmer was able to get this to work by sending "some command" to the printer prior to sending the spooled file. Unfortunately, the system has been replaced and no one can remember what he did. Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Comment

Bill, Any idea where I can find some information on sending a hex-code sequence to the printer, etc.? I understand the effort is extreme, but I need to have a backup printer since my current one is having lots of problems. Unfortunately, no funds are allocated in the budget for a new printer, so I have to make it work. Vicki

Comment

Vicki,
            Go here:
            CPI Articles
            At the bottom of the page is a post from me giving a sample of how to do this in RPG4. Of course this only works if you know the hex sequence to send. If you have the manual to the printer, it will tell you the sequence it is expecting to change to another CPI.
            Bill
            Any idea where I can find some information on sending a hex-code sequence to the printer, etc.? I understand the effort is extreme, but I need to have a backup printer since my current one is having lots of problems. Unfortunately, no funds are allocated in the budget for a new printer, so I have to make it work.

Comment

Working...
            X