Problem with remote writer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with remote writer

Is your outque's remote printer queue named or listed as an IP? If it's named and if you moved from an old system to a new system it's possible your routing table isn't the same. I would also do a WRKCFGSTS *DEV *PRT and check to see if the outpue was duplicated twice when it was recreated. If it does you might have two outques with the same IP and name. I had this happen when I was trying to test a remote outque I created two queues with the same IP and ended up looping. This created some fun clean up and did the same thing you are seeing. You could also try sending the spool file and then hitting the F5 key several times, kind a quickly, and see if you see any other messages.

I'm having a really strange problem with a network printer. After I do the STRRMTWTR command, it prints one or two spool files and then hangs on the next one. That spool file stays in SND status forever but nothing ever prints. The printer is a Canon LBP-1760, connected via ethernet to a new As/400 model 270 running V5.1. This printer worked fine on the old model 150 under V4.1. But it gets better... IBM had me start a communications trace to try to trap the problem. While the trace was running, the problem did not occur. After ending the trace, the problem popped up again. I've done this a half dozen times--starting and stopping the trace--with the same result. Also, this outq sometimes shows two different spoolfiles in SND status at the same time, which I've never seen before. And the outq sometimes shows to be in a RLS/WTR state after the writer has been ended (and I mean definitely ended.) IBM insists that no changes were made to remote writers in V5.1, but this is really crazy.

Comment

If there are two files in SND status you may have more than one writer set in writers to autostart ?? (you can have up to ten) also, maybe there is an indication of the problem in WRKJOB option 10, sometimes it could be a problem with the network interface... maybe large files aren't being handled too well ? or something similar.....? perhaps telnetting to the printer and adjusting the timeout settings will help ?

Comment

Working...
      X