Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overriding spool file attributes

Gary,
    I'd like to help you, but you are using terms I don't understand: Scripts, 62 escape sequence/line. I have sent escape sequences to a bar-code adapter and didn't experience these kinds of problems. Are you trying to do all of the positioning yourself? I did it "normally" just like a report, I sent the escape sequence and data at the preferred position on the page; page eject was all normal.
    One option would be to back away from the barcode simm programming for now and use the printer file barcode keyword. This feature can be used on most any laserjet printer by specifying that the printer file is *AFPDS.
    Bill
    My problem is that I generate a spool file with a lot of escape sequences that produce barcode labels some are small and some are large. The configuration of the page for large labels are 4 across a portrait page and 13 rows down a portrait page. I am successfully creating the spool file. Hears where my problem lies. When I release the spool file for printing it will generate about 6 1/2 labels on the first page and then print 6 1/2 labels on the next page in landscape orientation. I have figured out that it is reading through my scripts and when it gets to the 62 escape sequence/line it page advances and continues on. Is there a way to have the spool file continuously read through the scripts and print without the overflow coming on or advancing the page. I am getting frustrated and even more getting pushed to resolve this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. I forgot to mention that there is a barcode simm module in the printer. Thanks Gary

overriding spool file attributes

Bill, yes I am positioning every barcode on a page. scripts/escape sequence/line are all interchangeable, sorry for the confusion. In the spool file the 62 line is where the page advances and then continues on the next page.

Comment

Are you sending down any init strings before you print your first barcode on the first page? It sounds like your setting the orientation within your escape sequences before the first page but the printer is getting the attributes of the splf resent in between each page and your not resetting the orientation the subsequent pages. What are you using for a device type and model? HPT? WSCST? How about in the attributes of the splf is the page rotation set to *AUTO? If it is trying to changing to 0 and see if that makes a difference.... Barry

Comment

Yes I am sending an initial string down. The device description has HPT set to yes, device type is set to 3812, and model is 1. I am not using any WSCST though. The page rotation is set to *auto. Thanks, Gary

Comment

Changing the degree of page rotation to 0 should get your orientation to stay at portrait for the whole spooled file. If that doesnt there are a couple of other options you can try...

Comment

I have changed the rotation of the page in my cl using ovrprtf, and put everything on portrait. I am still having the problem of the spool file reading only 66 lines and page advancing the page. Could it possibly be a printer setup issue on the 400. Its got me stumped. It works great if I create a file then copy it down to the pc and run a batch pgm to print the file to the printer. Everything comes out fine. Gary

Comment

My problem is that I generate a spool file with a lot of escape sequences that produce barcode labels some are small and some are large. The configuration of the page for large labels are 4 across a portrait page and 13 rows down a portrait page. I am successfully creating the spool file. Hears where my problem lies. When I release the spool file for printing it will generate about 6 1/2 labels on the first page and then print 6 1/2 labels on the next page in landscape orientation. I have figured out that it is reading through my scripts and when it gets to the 62 escape sequence/line it page advances and continues on. Is there a way to have the spool file continuously read through the scripts and print without the overflow coming on or advancing the page. I am getting frustrated and even more getting pushed to resolve this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. I forgot to mention that there is a barcode simm module in the printer. Thanks Gary

Comment

What type of printer are you printing these on? Maybe you can send me a live message to speed up information passing.....

Comment

Working...
                X