HTML to SPOOLED FILE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML to SPOOLED FILE

I have created stuff that goes in the opposite direction. Perhaps it would not be complicated to reverse the steps.
    1. Move the HTML file to a folder in QDLS.
    2. Use the CPYFRMPCD command to create a native PF
    3. Use the CPYSPLF command to get the file back into an output queue.
    Stripping the HTML or converting HTML into appropriate spacing would be a bear, and you can most likely forget about imbedded graphics. Dave

HTML to SPOOLED FILE

Thanks David. Someone over in the Midrange-L list gave me a great, and simple, solution. Use FTP to send it from a PC to an AS/400 Printer file. When it gets to the AS/400, all the HTML is perfectly preserved. Pretty cool. I didn't know you could even FTP directly to an AS/400 spooled file.

Comment

HTML to SPOOLED FILE

Hey Shannon, That's cool. You just FTP right to the spooled file? What's the syntax? Brian

Comment

HTML to SPOOLED FILE

FTP SYSTEMNAM YOURID YOURPASSWORD put c:myfile.html /qsys.lib/qsysprt.file quit

Comment

HTML to SPOOLED FILE

Sorry I may be a little slow on this. I got the HTML file uploaded to a printer file, but how do I view or generate a spool file with the exact version of the HTML file?

Comment

HTML to SPOOLED FILE

you only get the HTML itself. It doesn't recreate (i.e., "embed") the links, images, and so forth. It does create an HTML source file that you can use for other purposes, such as archiving or whatever. And if you need to shoot that HTML somewhere else and open it in your Browser, it'll work. All links will be resolved, assuming they are able to be found by the text in the HTML. Don't misunderstand this and think that you can preserve graphics and multi-media and such in a spooled file. All you get is the same HTML you'd see if you viewed the HTML Source from any web page.

Comment

HTML to SPOOLED FILE

This may be a dumb question (wouldn't be my first...), but...is there an "EASY and/or QUICK" way to convert an HTML document into an AS/400 spooled file? Anyone written such a utility?

Comment

HTML to SPOOLED FILE

Cool, Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X