Job QSYS/QYPSSRV and Save-While-Active Backups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job QSYS/QYPSSRV and Save-While-Active Backups

Save-While-Active backups are performed daily. If job QYPSSRV is not ended after an IPL the backup runs into a re-synchronization problem. At this time we are cancelling the QSYS/QYPSSRV after each IPL so the backups will complete normally. Is there a special procedure that needs to be executed prior to or after an IPL that I am not aware of? The actual error messages received are: CPI8365 Save-While-Active request requires commit or rollback for job 999999/QSYS/QYPSSRV and CPF377F Save-while-active request prevented by pending record changes.

I'm trying to understand your timing. Are you saying that the Save-While-Active takes place immediately following IPL? Dave

Comment

The save is scheduled nightly.

Comment

Before restart, or after IPL? - assuming IPLs are also scheduled nightly. also - How long does your average save take? Are you selectively saving objects; performing SAVSYS, SAVLIB *ALL, or other options? Dave

Comment

how did you solve this problem. It started for us and I believe it might have to do with a change in the nightly process by our operations staff.

Comment

We ran into it and got around it with ENDTCPSVR *MGTC before the backup, then STRTCPSVR *MGTC afterwards. I don't know if or how this will affect performance collection, though.

Comment

Working...
            X