X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    Vary off Line after Signoff

Glen Kerner wrote: > We have a situation where a vendor has been signing into the system > and not notifying us when they are done. What we want to do is set up > a program that when they signoff the line is varied off. I've not > dealt with exit programs and don't know if we should create an exit > program for the signoff command or if we can put it into their > initial program. Glen, What if you specified an Intial Program for their user profile? When they are done, the last lines of this program would do whatever you wanted to accomplish. Bill

Leave a comment:

• GlenKerner
    Guest replied

When the line is dropped is that varying off the line? I can't really test this option but if the line is being varied off after the last device signs off then this is the solution I'm looking for. does anybody know for sure? The manuals just say the switched line will be dropped. It is the fact that IBM used "dropped" instead of "varied off". We need the line to go to a very off status and not a connect pending status.

Leave a comment:

• rbateman@abtexas.com
    Guest replied

Doug, Would you happen to have some code for a VCP that would force the Drop(*yes) anytime that command was used? Thanks, Rich

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest started a topic Vary off Line after Signoff

If the user signs off using a menu option (and no commands are allowed), then you can change the menu do run a SIGNOFF DROP(*YES). Based on the help text for this, if the line has no other devices on it, the line will be dropped. I assume that dropping the line also does a vary off, but you will need to test that. Also, you could do a CL program that runs from the menu option. It would do a sign off and then a vary off of the workstation. You could try that too. Doug englander.da@mellon.com
Working...
X