Vary off Line after Signoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When they finally end there sign on display (I'm guessing) the Line finally goes to a connect pending status but not to a vary off status. I can't seem to find anyway to get this line to go Vary off automatically. If I was initiating the connection I could vary it off on my side when I was done. I can guarentee that they will not agree to submit/execute a vary off command as the last thing they do because other people in other departments may be signed on. I think my temporary solution will end up being the permenant solution.

Comment

Could you have a CL program that runs continuously in never ending subsystem that attempts to vary off the line every 'xx' minutes? You could monitor for the CPF error messages that fail to vary it off. You will need to verify that this is true but I am pretty sure the line will not vary off while it is Active. But it should have no problem when at Connect Pending. Be sure to monitor for all of the CPFs in the command VRYCFG. Also, you would have to take into consideration that when you varied the line on for them that the job will try to vary it back off after the delay time. Maybe put the job on hold or something... HTH Scott

Comment

We have a situation where a vendor has been signing into the system and not notifying us when they are done. What we want to do is set up a program that when they signoff the line is varied off. I've not dealt with exit programs and don't know if we should create an exit program for the signoff command or if we can put it into their initial program. I hope someone has an easy way of doing this (I'm going to have to explain it to my IS Director who is not a technical person) TIA

Comment

I believe if you vary the line off it will disconnect anybody connected to it. I seem to remember doing that accidentally years ago.

Comment

Working...
          X