SAVSYS taking 3 hours following upgrade to V5R1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAVSYS taking 3 hours following upgrade to V5R1

jonesy wrote: > Has anyone had any experience of problems with SAVSYS taking a long > long time following upgrading to Version 5 Release1. I seem to have > applied all the latest PTF packages and any relating to SAVSYS > performance problems but I'm still experiencing problems. Any help > will be much appreciated. Have you performed more than one SavSys? If not, this may just be a side-effect of all of the object conversions that would occur as you save every object on the system. Bill

Yeah, several SAVSYS's have been performed. Thanks for taking the time to reply with your suggestion.

Comment

Has anyone had any experience of problems with SAVSYS taking a long long time following upgrading to Version 5 Release1. I seem to have applied all the latest PTF packages and any relating to SAVSYS performance problems but I'm still experiencing problems. Any help will be much appreciated.

Comment

Try doing SAVSYS OMIT(*SECDTA) to narrow down the causes. If this works, it also has the advantage that SAVSECDTA does not require the system to be in a restricted state. (A disadvantage is there is some locking of objects while saving profiles; I don't recall details beyond that.) I think we had a problem like that when we went to V5R1 but that was over a year ago; I'd think the PTFs that fixed it would have been one of the previous Cume discs. OTOH, I just searched PTFs for SAVSYS, and it looks like an old (low-numbered) PTF, SI02913, is not yet on any Cume, nor are any superseding PTFs! The most recent supersede is SI07393. The original PTF's text says: SAVSECDTA for systems with large numbers of user profiles may experience poor performance. SAVSYS is also affected. SAVSECDTA has been updated to use temporary storage instead of permanent storage for a portion of its processing. Try it out. SI07393 can be applied Immediate.

Comment

Working...
        X