V4R5 to V5R1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V4R5 to V5R1

I believed what you have now is the CD for V5R2, If you plan to go to the next version of OS/400 you would have to install the Last CD's you received. I also did upgrade from V4R5 to V5r1 last december and I only load the the CD's you mentioned first (I-Base, B2924 (1-5), L2924 (1-2)) then applied the CUM PTF that comes with it C2134510 which is the latest cum and It was very successful. The only problem I encounter the SQL on our BPCS Package. The hit is the QAQQINI file on QSYS. I copied it on QUSRSYS and add SQL_COMPRESS_WARNINGS, *YES, DEFAULT.

V4R5 to V5R1

I am totally confused. I've upgraded one other machine to V5R1 but this time I've got CDs I don't understand. Our software is ordered through a third party and it took 3 weeks for them to supposedly get me the missing license programs. I figured I'd get quicker answers from here. Here is what I've got: O/S CDs (I-Base, B2924 (1-5), L2924 (1-2)) iSeries for the Web V5 - Client Access Family (5722-xw1) Cryptograph Acc Prov 128-bit (5722-AC3) Client Encryption 128-bit (5722-CE3) (not sure what this is yet) IBM Webshpere Application Server V3.5 (cd package) Websphere Host Publisher Studio V3.5 Websphere Host Publisher Server V3.5 I presume the previous cd are correct for V5R1. But I also recieved more CDs and I am totally confused as to why and what they are (not to mention do I install them). Here is the list of additional CDs I got. The following have the main title on the cd of: iSeries Access Family Refresh V5 - iSeries Access for Windows 5722-XE1 (V5R2M0) (1-5) - iSeries Access for Web 5722-XH1 (V5R1M0) - iSeries Access for Web 5722-xh2 (V5R2M0) - iSeries Cleint Encryption 5722-CE3 (V5R2M0) Websphere Host Publisher Studio V4.0 Websphere Host Publisher Server V4.0 I know the possibility that the 3rd party messed up on the order (I'm also missing at least 1 license program 5722-FAX (I believe that is the new license program for 5798-TBY) I ran the CDs through the Prepare for install option on go licpgm. The Work with licensed programs for target release function did not register 5722-CE and I ran it through with both options (Distribution media & Merge with additional distribution media). Am I doing something wrong? As you can tell I'm confused. My last upgrade was not this confusing. I hope someone can help.

Comment

V4R5 to V5R1

I upgraded a 720 over a year ago to V5R1 and only used the I-Base, B2494, L2494, and F2494 cd's. This system has websphere and a few other license programs that deal with the web. For years IBM always sent out the O/S cd's with all the IBM supplied programs on them (regardless if you used them or not). That is why I'm surprised to see separate CDs for 5722-AC3 & CE3 (among others). I would presume that IBM knows which programs we have installed on our system (the licensed ones at least) and our CDs should reflect what would be the equivalents to the softwares we have plus all the free stuff. IBM (or the 3rd party) is doing a very good job of confusing me.

Comment

Working...
      X