Finding who replied to a message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding who replied to a message

In the History Log (dsplog) if you do a help (F-1) on the reply, it shows what user made the reply. If you are not find a user associated with the reply, it may be an auto answer problem. HTH Scott

I checked the history log and it doesn't tell me anything (see attached (F-1 on reply and then F-9). I used the WRKRPYLE command to see if CPF6760 or CPA0702 was in the list it is not (here is the list) CPA0700 D *NONE RPG0000 D *NONE CBE0000 D *NONE PLI0000 D *NONE CPA5737 C 'Q1PLIN Q1PCTL ' CPA32B2 I 'Operations_Navigator' CPA4278 I *NONE CPA4060 INZ *NONE unless it is picking up CPA0700 reply for CPA0702 I can't see where or who replied. Then again I might not be understanding what I'm looking at....it has happened before.
    Code

Comment

DSPMSG MSGQ(QSYSOPR) OUTPUT(*PRINT) MSGTYPE(*INQ)

Comment

Hi Glen! Monitoring for CPA0700 will indeed answer any message that starts with CPA07; that's one of the "special features" of OS/400. I don't think there really is a message CPA0700, or indeed any message ending in "00", for that reason. Joe

Comment

We had a problem last night with our back-ups. The back-ups are unattended. The tapes (magstar tape drive) were not pushed in and the first tape was not mounted and loaded. Someone answered a "D" to the Tape not Ready message ending the back-up and not bringing the users back up. I need to find out who replied to this message, of course, nobody is admitting to answering this messsage. Does anybody know how or where to aquire this information.

Comment

Looks like what happened is your system reply list. Another thing that has bit me in the past is when someone changed the qsysopr message queue to automatically answer all inquiry messages with the default reply. I dont think this is the case here but something to remember for the future. Scott

Comment

Working...
            X