*RNF5184

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *RNF5184

Starting in V4R2, it is possible to define your own indicators which are only allowed to have values of '0' or '1'. You probably have some fields that *LIKE DEFINEd with an indicator in factor 2. This makes the new field an indicator as well. There is no way to avoid this new field becoming an indicator, with all the rules for indicators. These fields should be changed to be ordinary character(1) fields if you are putting values other than '0' or '1' in them. I've attached a file with source and instructions to create a command that will fix up your source. If you have option 6 of the compiler installed, use TGTRLS(*PRV) to get your program to compile while you're fixing your source. Barbara Morris, IBM Toronto Lab, RPG Compiler Development indfix.indfixcrt

*RNF5184

In trying to re-compile existing RPGIV programs, I get error message *RNF5184. The description is Factor 2 must be '0' or '1' if result field is an indicator or INDDS. This is the source object was created from, so I think I am missing some compiler option to allow this error. Has anyone had this happen/ What is solution? Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X