Environment Variables...HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Qtmhputenv and Qtmhgetenv exported from QTCP/QTMHCGI to write and read explicit environment variables and Qp0zInitEnv exported from QP0ZCPA to list all environment variables. Cheers, Peter

Comment

Thank you Peter, Tom, and Barbara. I got all the different methods working this weekend. I also got that tip to work for using null terminated stings. And learned that QUSAPIBD is included in all modules by default.

Comment

Now if we could just get IBM to put members in QSYSINC/QRPGLESRC file for all the C APIs that would be great! ;-)) JJ(Just Joking) Don't be mad at me Barbara. Hey, how could I be mad? I wish IBM would do that too.

Comment

Paul, here's one place it says you don't need to specifically mention QUSAPIBD: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com:80/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/qb3avc00/4.1 Conversely, is it documentated somewhere that you do have to include QUSAPIBD in any BNDDIR parameter? What else is automatically included? QILE (I don't know where it's documented that this is automatic). Also, the service programs for the various language runtimes are automatically included for each language, but not for any other. So you have to explicitly specify QC2LE if you want to use the C runtime library from anything except C. You can see what's automatically included by doing a CRTxxxMOD and then DSPMOD OPTION(*REFSYSOBJ) Rules to live by:
          1. Don't worry about what service program a particular export is in unless you get a binder error.
          2. If you do get a binder error, search by binding directory rather than by service program. To search by binding directory, wrkbnddire and then look in all the service programs in that bnddir. When you find a service program, forget the name of the service program and use the bnddir name instead.
          3. If you don't find the service program in any binding directory, look in individual service programs as a last resort.
          4. Never attempt to traverse a chasm in two leaps. (Ok, it's unrelated to the previous items, but it's still an important rule to live by.
          Why specify the bnddir instead of the srvpgm? Whoever owns the binding directory might add a new service program someday. If you're using their binding directory, you'll never need to know about the new srvpgm. Barbara

Comment

Working...
          X