Output Queues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Output Queues

You must create a Job Description (object type *JOBD). It is the *JOBD that will point to the output queue. Then, , , Change your user profile to use the newly created job description. Dave

Output Queues

The easiest way to create the job description is to look at your user profile to see what it is currently using. I believe the default is QDFTJOBD. You can then use CRTDUPOBJ to copy it to another name. Finally, you can use the CHGJOBD command to change the output queue.

Comment

Output Queues

Hi YUNUS, I think you may combine example of "List Spooled Files for Current User", which may be found here - http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bi...B3AVC00/B.1.16 and DLTSPLF command. Vadim.

Comment

Output Queues

Yanus, I have written a set of programs to do what you want. Currently, it is set up to delete all spool files (with some non-delete criteria) in an outq that are older than a specified number of days. The main program is written in RPG/ILE and can be easily modified to add, for instance, user names to skip. I am trying the attachment feature of the forum, don't know how it will work. Bill

Comment

Output Queues

I will appreciate that. or you can send it to me on my email address yunusabd@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot

Comment

Output Queues

I will appreciate that. or you can send it to me on my email address yunusabd@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot

Comment

Output Queues

Bill, I downloaded the Zip file you attached from your previous message and took a look at your code (I learn a lot from you guys!). Question: the QSYSINC library with the QRPGLESRC file in the copy commands in the RPGLE source: Is this library only on V4RxMx? We are at V3R7M0 and we don't seem to have any such beast around. (Just wondering) ==Scott==

Comment

Output Queues

Scott, This was written at V3R2! So, definitely you should have it. This may be an installable option. Look at 5763SS1 (If V3R7 has 5763) and look for the option Openness Includes, this is what you will need. Bill spoolutils.zip

Comment

Output Queues

I would like to setup my own output queue in my library on an AS/400. I would like to have all my jobs that I execute (interactive and batch) go to this output queue in my library. I have changed the output queue parameters in my user profile to reflect my queue in my library, created an output queue in my library, but when I execute a compile or anything else, it goes to qprint in qgpl or someplace else. What am I missing? How do I setup an output queue in my library and direct printouts there? Thanks in advance. New to the AS/400 world lwhip@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                  X