FTP Audit Trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP Audit Trail

Are FTP commands recorded anywhere on the AS/400, ie details of functions executed? HELP!

FTP Audit Trail

The only way I am familiar of monitoring FTP actions is with Exit programs in the registry. Most people buy these programs rather than coding them. Another possibility is if the FTP was a batch process executed on the AS/400 and an output member recorded all of the activity. I am going to bet that this isn't the case. If you don't have an FTP exit program registered then I think you are out of luck. Anybody else have any ideas? Scott

Comment

FTP Audit Trail

We offer our FTP auditing tool for free (no time limit), and it records FTP commands along with other file upload and download procedures such as Client Access file transfer, ODBC, etc. You can download it at www.400security.com. jte

Comment

FTP Audit Trail

Thanks John and Scott for your input. I was dreading your response, but needed to know. Thanks again for your response and guidance. Sulton

Comment

FTP Audit Trail

You may also want to look at the GoAnywhere Director from Linoma Software at www.GoAnywhereMFT.com . GoAnywhere runs natively on the iSeries and includes audit trails on all FTP activity, tracking the user id, date, time, ip address, file names transferred, etc. It also has support for Secure FTP protocols of SFTP and FTPS. There is a free trial available on the web site.

Comment

Working...
          X