Dynamic Linking on the 400 ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Linking on the 400 ?'s

Makes perfect sense Trevor. Try here _ContentID=1990&OCFI=1122798&OCFT=81496415">http://www.as400network.com/artarchi...&OCFT=81496415 silly2

Silly2, Thanks so much for the link, FINALLY I get a good response that leads me to nice examples w/ src. You're the best I tell ya, THE BEST!!!! Trev

Comment

Here's some working RPG source that does dynamic activation: http://home.xtra.co.nz/hosts/eggyolk.../example1.html

Comment

Hello anyone, You will have to bare with me, I am still green around the gills when it comes to my subject of Dynamically Linking or activating a service program. At my previous place of employment, they had written a DLL in C that would go out and activate a service program in the init SR. I have some of the pieces, but I'm not really sure where to start and where to fill in the missing pieces. Basically in Lamons terms, what I want to accomplish is linking or activating a service program within an RPG that holds commonly used procedures for internal apps. There is not much ILE used here, but that is going to change, and I would like to be the leader in this task. Basically what I want to accomplish is to write a service program that will take IN the library name, the name of the service program, and the procedure within in it, and then RETURN the system pointer to the service program requested....with values such as: 0 = Success ACTIVATEDDLL_OBJNOTFOUND = Service Program not found ACTIVATEDDLL_ACTERROR = Error during activation ACTIVATEDDLL_INIT_ERROR = Error in initialization procedure Also returning the activation mark, or pointer to the activation mark if successful. Am I making sense here at all???? Any help would be greatly appreciated Trevor Price Programmer/Analyst

Comment

Working...
        X