Client Access Express with V4R4M0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client Access Express with V4R4M0

We have installed our first AS/400 machine and are having a problem connecting to the as/400 via Client Access Express. In running the connection verification utility it reports that we get a successful connection to each of the server applications but then displays 'Security validation in progress..' followed by: CWBCO1003 - Windock error, function recv(), returned 8405 CWBC01008 - Unable to connect to server .... Connections to security and telnet verify ok. When trying to log onto the AS/400 from client express we get a dialog box that says: CWB0986 System HAL2001 program ended unexpectedly... We are very perplexed by this behaviour and would appreciate any suggestions as to how we can resolve this issue.

In your startup program (QSTRUP), try changing the order in which the QSERVER, and QCMN subsystems are started. I'm not sure why, but that sometimes does the trick. Dave

Comment

Is this a safe thing to do, and how does one go about changing the order? Currently QSERVER is being started prior to QCMN.

Comment

I was having problems with Netserver, so I moved the starting of QSERVER way down in the program after STRTCP. Not having any more problems with Netserver starting. Also, double check that you don't have any port restrictions. Command CFGTCP option #4. Are you able to simply use windows "telnet" to hit your AS/400?

Comment

Check your system value for the name of the start up program. This is usually QSTRUP. If you haven't done so already, use the RTVCLSRC command to retrieve the CL spirce, and place the source in QCLSRC, in QGPL (not in QSYS). Rename the object QSTRUP. usually QSTRUPOLD or something to your personal preferences. Make the changes to the QSTRUP source in QCLSRC, in QGPL. Compile the program object into QSYS, and then IPL. Dave

Comment

We were able to telnet to port 23 for a while. However, now when we telnet we just get a few garbage characters and then the connection is lost.

Comment

I tried moving QSERVER farther down the startup program. This did not fix the problem. We are still getting the connection verification error. Here is the typical output of the connection verification. Successfully connected to AS/400 server maper Remote port 8437 will be used Attempting to establish connection Successfully connected Local address xxx.xxx.xxx used Security validation in progress... CWBCo1003 - Winsock error, function recv()returned 8405

Comment

Help! Suddenly between 10:00 AM and 10:30 AM this morning, we began having the same error that Gene was reporting. What suddenly started this error? How do I fix it? Comm RC= 8405, CWB0986 winsock error.

Comment

Turns out that there are several things that can cause this including not being up to date on Cums and PTFs. I spent 4 hours on the phone with IBM before we tracked it down. Seems in our case, we had a timed file reorganization program that started about 7:00 am and about 10:00 am it started trying to reorganize some system files and put locks on them and messed up access paths. We had to end the program (and will need to fix it before implementing it again). Then we had to put the system in a restricted state, ran reclaim storage selecting (*DBXREF), then called QDBFIXS2 to rebuild the paths before bringing everthing back up. As soon as we came back up ODBC and the other database connections began working again including our communication with the other servers.

Comment

Working...
                  X