Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Need to identify a network LazerJet4000 to my AS/400...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Need to identify a network LazerJet4000 to my AS/400...

Could someone please post complete instructions on how to identify either a LazerJet4000 or LazerJet4000(N) to my AS/400??? They are on the NT network connected via a JetDirect EX Plus3 with an address of 90.90.90.81. I don't have a clue. Thank you, Bob

Hi, I assume you want to print spool files from your AS/400 to the network printers if so I think I can help as we currently do this at our company. On the AS/400 use the command CRTOUTQ and prompt it. The following parameters are the general ones that will get you started. OUTPUT QUEUE: Pick a relevant name as this will be your output queue on the AS/400. REMOTE SYSTEM: Type in *INTNETADR and press enter to get more parameters. REMOTE PRINTER QUEUE: This is the name of the printer as it appears on the Lan. Ask the Lan administrator what the name of the printer is as it's defined by the domain controller or print server. Ours for example is called RC_5SI. WRITER TO AUTOSTART: Choose 1 if you intend to print to this printer permanently. CONNECTION TYPE: *IP - This assumes you are using TCP/IP as your protocol. DESTINATION TYPE: *OTHER MANUFACTURER TYPE AND MODEL: Use the ? on the line to see a list of available printer makes and models and choose the one closest to your printer. INTERNET ADDRESS: Type in the IP address of your printer. At this point we don't usually fill in anything else. You can press enter and then send a spool file to your newly created output queue. The spool file should go into a "snd" state and shortly arrive at the printer. Hope this helps. Alison

Comment

Alison, no offense but are you sure that queue name is correct for the adapter ? If you are going direct to the printer it should be something like 'RAW1' or 'PRT1' depending on the adapter...unless you have used TELNET to log in to the printers adapter and changed the queue name. I think to use that queue name you would have to print via the NT server, so put in the IP address of the NT server, this is actually better as there is no competition with LAN printing from other sources.....and also uses the distribution capabilities of NT (gives it something to do for a change too !!) and helps with print control and print drivers. Also, over a LAN you could use the DEVD IP printing method CRTDEVPRT, this creates a DEVD (where CRTOUTQ doesn't) and is helpful if he needs a printer to be visible in any application....also allows page range printing, and multiple copies and messaging which can't be done without some extra work on a remote writer.... FYI..there are some excellent articles on this in the IBM knowledge base which will explain how to set all of this up http://www.as400service.ibm.com/supp...ument/10000051

Comment

Working...
      X