WebSphere HOD 5250 Print problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WebSphere HOD 5250 Print problem

Hello all, We are running a OS/400 4.4 and HOD is 4.0.1 . The 5250 Emulation works fine , but my 5250 printing session gives me a tough time. The configuration with parameters looks ok and 5250 printing session is connected and ready. But when i release a spool file to the HOD printer , i can see error message pops up and says Intervention required and says the device is not mapped to the port. Only PRTSCRN works fine and when the spool file is released it goes to the OUTQ directly in SAV status and nothing and prints nothing. My requirement is to release a spool file from 5250 HOD Emulation command line to the network printer. Any suggestions. Where am i going wrong????? Thanks, Ramesh

Can you print to this printer from a non - HOD session? It sounds as if the problem is in the device setup. Dave

Comment

Ramesh, I'm interested in HOD. What kind of product are you using for HOD ? 5769AS1 or 5648C54 ? Are you HODing through the internet or only in your LAN ? Can you tell me something about your HOD application ? I am going to set up a HOD and the more I know the better it will be. Regards, Simone

Comment

Dave, The normal As/400 remote print is working fine. When i release it thru the HOD print session from a HOD 5250 emulation , it fails. I will attach the copy of the error messages. Do i have to configure a device for HOD print session? Thanks, Ramesh

Comment

Simone, I am using 5648c54. Our business requirement is to web-enable our product, so the clients will be using over internet. Any doubts , feel free to ask. My personal opinion about this product is really very cool and easy to configure. Ramesh

Comment

There is an entire chapter devoted to Print on Demand in the Host on Demand redbook. Go to http://www.redbooks.ibm.com and search on Host on Demand. Dave

Comment

Dave, I followed the steps only from the Redbook to configure the 5250 print session.I will attach the error page, please have a look. Ramesh

Comment

Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with this error. Perhaps someone may be able to help. Dave

Comment

Ramesh, I am going to use it and I would like to know some additional information. What kind of Firewall and SSL (in few words what kind of protection) are you using ? If you have any documentation on how to handle the set up of HOD and any other information related to it (or if you can address me to a place where I can find documentation) please post a message or e-mail to me spacciarini@hotmail.com. Thanks, Simone

Comment

Hello Brian, You have hit on a number of topics that our company provides solutions for. If you would like to discuss your document delivery and electronic form requirements, please feel free to contact me and we can have a discussion on some of the available alternatives. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "The AS/400 Report and Data Delivery Experts" Email: richard@rjssoft.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoft.com

Comment

It stands for Advanced Function Printer. -bret

Comment

It was Advanced Function Printing until the end of 1993, after it is Advanced Function Presentation. Still it is the same thing. Anders

Comment

It could also stand for Air Force Personnel too.

Comment

Working...
                          X