X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook to Notes: Address Book

Use the following command: C:LOTUSNOTESNUPGRADE.EXE -3

Outlook to Notes: Address Book

Thanks John, I tried this, but there is no NUPGRADE command in this directory. There is an NUPDATE executable, and I tried this, but nothing happened. I was able to find some info at http://www.lotus.com/notes for a manual import to a spreadsheet that could be read by Notes. Dave

Comment

Migrating from Outlook via Exchange Server is one thing; migrating strictly from the Outlook client is another. There are some commercial products out there that will perform the Outlook client to Notes migration and will bring your address book, email, etc. into Notes. I had some experience with one from BinaryTree. I forgot the name of the product, but you can find it at binarytree.com. If your migrating from Exchange Server, Lotus has some migration features that I believe are included with Domino or are available from Lotus known as the Domino Upgrade Services (DUS).

Comment

Nahhhh, It's just the client. We have a few people using Netscape. This poses problems, because the Netscape "contact" book is in a very different format than Outlook. After listening to a few sales pitches from VARs, the users were convinced that all they had to do to import their contacts was to click on an import button within Notes. When none was found, I got the call. Dave

Comment

Your Outlook and Nets cape clients could continue to use their software if all they need is SMTP, POP3, or IMAP email. Unless the company wants all users on the Notes email client to simplify administration, store email data on the Domino server, etc.; or, they want to use some of the proprietary features of Notes email (e.g., embedding Notes forms in the email such as meeting invitations, etc.), they can continue using their existing client software. You can support any POP3/SMTP/IMAP client via the Domino server by running POP3/SMTP/IMAP services on the Domino server.

Comment

We do not need all clients on Notes. But those that will go on to Notes, will have to convert their previous contacts. Most are using the Outlook client, but some are using Netscape. BTW we now have a procedure in place to do this. I found it at http://www.lotus.com/notes Dave

Comment

David, What version of Notes are you using? I am running the client 5.0.4. The install program is loading NUPGRADE into the Notes directory. I really recommend you try to reinstall the client. Once this program is installed, the conversion of the address book is simple. John

Comment

This is version 5.05. I just checked again. I did a search on NUPGRADE*.* Nothing was found. Dave

Comment

Dave, I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but just for giggles, plleeaasse try to reinstall the Notes client. That is the only way I know of to get the conversion program. Look here: http://support.lotus.com/sims2.nsf/e...2567e7005bd730 John

Comment

What are the steps to migrate an Outlook Address Book, to a Notes Address Book? TIA, Dave

Comment

Thanks a lot for that bit of info. I have not been installing the client, but I will be from this point on. The default options were taken. Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X