AutoLaunch from web browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoLaunch from web browser

I think what you're trying to do is against the nature of a browser interface. For security reasons, browsers aren't supposed to be able to launch applications from your desktop system. You might be able to accomplish what you want to do with a browser plug-in such as Adobe Acrobat. Another potential solution would be to create an applet that offered at least some of the function that the .exe you want to launch does.

Thanks Richard. What I'm trying to do is allow users to upload html file so they can update the web page from their browser. The links are created to the site but the link is to the form, and then users have to click on the attachment. I want to eliminate that extra unnecessary click.

Comment

I'm not sure this is what you really need, but you can open the attachment directly (at least for viewing) with the Domino ?OpenElement URL. For example, the following URL opens a Word document attachment in a browser in read mode. (Note: the following URLs aren't live links) http://localhost/TestDB.nsf/61a3c978...oc?OpenElement In this sample the URL syntax is: http://Host/Database/View/Document/$...me?OpenElement

Comment

I am uploading files from a web browser and I would like to have the attachment launch automatically when the page is loaded. There is an AutoLaunch first attachment function that works when I'm using the Notes browser and I would like for to have the same functionality for browser users. I've tried everything I can think of. I greatly appreciate any help. Thanks, Kevin

Comment

Thanks Richard, Using that idea I was able to make the attachments come up and avoid the extra step by creating an attachment name field on the upload form. When the pages with the links are created I used the following code in an agent. While Not ludoc Is Nothing If dept = ludoc.Department(0) Then temptitle = ludoc.Title(0) tempid = ludoc.id(0) tfile = ludoc.Attachment(0) fieldhtml = fieldhtml & "[*]" & temptitle & "" End If Set ludoc = view.GetNextDocument(ludoc) Wend The links then go to the attachment instead of the form. Thanks for your help. Kevin

Comment

Working...
          X