Lotus notes mail 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotus notes mail 5.0

When you say "...5.0 doesn't have formatting options..." what exactly do you mean? If the report is being imported into a Notes richtext field (a field type that can contain various fonts and text attributes such as bold, italics, etc.), there's no difference between 4.6 and 5.0. As far as email goes, the Body field of the standard Notes email Memo form (the form used to compose a message) is a richtext field and can be formatted. If the report is being placed in the Body field, you should be able to modify its format (e.g., use a monospaced font such as Courier or reduce the font size). Without more detail about how the report is being placed into the email it's hard to determine exactly what the problem might be.

Lotus notes mail 5.0

Thanks for responding Richard. I agree the information I provided is vague. The client and I are on opposite sides of the country, they use Lotus, we do not. This was just given to me by my boss. I will try to get more info.

Comment

Lotus notes mail 5.0

Okay, I have zero experience in Lotus and Domino but let me try and explain the problem. Our client uses lotus notes. They do not have a Domino server. The client would email spool files and reports created on the AS/400 and email them. They are currently running lotus Notes 4.x (4.6??) They are moving to Lotus Notes 5.0 and during some testing, it was discovered the reports were not formatted correctly. The spool file may have been over 132 width. Someone told me that lotus 5.0 doesn't have formatting options (font, size, etc.) that the 4.x has. Has anyone had experiences similar to this? IA Larry

Comment

Lotus notes mail 5.0

I have a little more info...The problem seems to be that when the spooled files go to the Notes server, which then attaches them to a Lotus Note message, they lose the ability to format the attachment. Before the upgrade they had the ability to format the attachment. Does anyone know of a workaround? TIA

Comment

Lotus notes mail 5.0

Is the customer formatting the spool data in a Rich-text field and sending as embedded text or are they sending report file attachments ?
          If they are sending attachments, what format are they sending in ?
          What tool are they using to create the file attachments ?
          My experianece has been that launching attachments from the Notes clients works much better than viewing with the Notes viewer. The Notes viewer will typically wrap text reports when viewed. If they launch the attachments, the native application such as MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, etc... gets launched so the reports can be viewed correctly.
          Tell us more info, so we can try to help.
          Regards,
          Richard Schoen
          RJS Software Systems Inc.
          "The AS/400 Report and Data Delivery Experts"
          I have a little more info...The problem seems to be that when the spooled files go to the Notes server, which then attaches them to a Lotus Note message, they lose the ability to format the attachment. Before the upgrade they had the ability to format the attachment. Does anyone know of a workaround? TIA

Comment

Working...
          X