Notes Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notes Newbie

Probably the simplest way to do this would be to select all the documents from one mail database, copy them, and then paste them into the other mail database. Another approach would be to write an agent to read every document in one mail database and copy it to the other database.

Notes Newbie

Richard, Thanks for your response. I did end up creating an agent. Boy was that a long haul since I had never written in Lotus Script before. Below is the script in case anyone else should need it. It copys all of the mail documents and folders from one user's mail database to another database under a folder called /Migrated. I suppose this would work with any two databases, but I have not tried it. Thanks again, John Dim session As New NotesSession Dim DataName As String Dim Server As String Dim CurrentDB As NotesDatabase Dim CurrentDoc As NotesDocument Set CurrentDB = session.CurrentDatabase Dim SourceDB As NotesDatabase Dim SourceDoc As NotesDocument Dim SourceColl As NotesDocumentCollection Dim SourceVC As NotesViewEntryCollection Dim SourceVE As NotesViewEntry Dim FolderName As String 'Prompt for the database to copy Server = Inputbox$("Enter Server ID") DataName = Inputbox$("Enter Database Name") 'Get a handle to the source db Set SourceDB = New NotesDatabase(Server,DataName) Forall ViewName In SourceDB.Views If ViewName.IsFolder Then Set SourceVC = ViewName.AllEntries Set SourceVE=SourceVC.GetFirstEntry() While Not SourceVE Is Nothing If SourceVE.IsValid Then Set CurrentDoc = SourceVE.Document.CopyToDatabase(CurrentDB) FolderName="Migrated"&ViewName.Name Call CurrentDoc.PutInFolder( FolderName ,True ) End If Set SourceVE=SourceVC.GetNextEntry(SourceVE) Wend End If End Forall

Comment

Notes Newbie

I have what I believe to be a simple question. How do I combine two mail databases? This is the scenario. I have set up our users in the address book and established their mailboxes. I will then convert our existing mail systems (yes that is plural). The problem is that the conversion puts all of the data into different mail databases. I need to merge these databases; the users wouldn't be able to cope with two databases. Any ideas? John Panzenhagen

Comment

Working...
      X