AS/400 Messages to Domino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS/400 Messages to Domino

If you are not using the Domino SMTP server, but rather the AS/400 SMTP server, you can use the SNDDST command to send the message directly to the user's E-Mail address. Dave

Good Morning David, Thank you so much for the suggestion of the SNDDST. I was not aware of this command and had no clue where to start with trying to make this work. AND I am "HAPPY" to say, it's working--even without much effort!! Thanks again! Diane

Comment

I need to send out distribution snddst through a couple of jobs on our as/400, but currently we are running a domino server on the AS/400 and Domino is running SMTP to process mail. How do I get send distribution to work without sharing port 25 because you can only bind port 25 once. Snddst is going to the internet email of clients from as/400 how do I get this to work. domino is 5.7 as/400 4.5

Comment

Go to http://www.redbooks.ibm.com and search for Domino. In there (somewhere) you will find information on a technique that allows you to run Domino SMTP, and Native SMTP at the same time. Dave

Comment

Hello Joseph,
          Check the Redbook site and also the Domino Installation PDF guides on the Domino for AS/400 CD. There is documentation on how to run two SMTP servers at the same time, so you can use MSF and the Native Domino SMTP.
          An alternative if you're open to commercial software would be to use our SMTP/400 Email API to send email messages and file attachments via the Domino SMTP server.
          Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "The AS/400 Report and Data Delivery Experts" Email: richard@rjssoft.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoft.com
          I need to send out distribution snddst through a couple of jobs on our as/400, but currently we are running a domino server on the AS/400 and Domino is running SMTP to process mail. How do I get send distribution to work without sharing port 25 because you can only bind port 25 once. Snddst is going to the internet email of clients from as/400 how do I get this to work. domino is 5.7 as/400 4.5

Comment

I have set a RPG program that compares inventory counts to a reorder count. When the inventory count is low, a message is sent to the user. The user has informed me that she does not check her "400" messages and would like the message to go to her Domino mail. I'm not sure where to start--any suggestions?

Comment

If you are using the Domino SMTP server which use port 25, is there away around to get as400 smtp server going so that I can use snddst command? or can I use the command to send email thru domino smtp server. ?

Comment

Working...
              X