Notes - Follow a link and grab a text file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notes - Follow a link and grab a text file

I received this tip from search400 I use Operations Navigator to access the spool files under Basic Operations/Printers. Click the outq that contains the spool file.I then right-click on the spool file I need and drag it to my desktop and drop it. The conversion to ASCII is done automatically and I can then create the e-mail and attach the document from my desktop. My problem is this when you display the report it is in notepad and when you go to print it wrapps the spool files and it is impossible to read the spool print out does anybody have any ideas on how to make this work.

We have an email that comes to a Notes mail address on our AS/400 Domino server. It has a link to download a text file with billing details that we need to capture. The agents available with Notes don't seem to handle the text download. If we get an attachment, Notes can detach and rename the file and save it to a folder on the IFS, but we need to do the same thing with the downloadable file. Has anyone done something like this? How did you solve the problem? One of our developers is attempting to write a Perl script since Perl is designed to handle text, but I'm concerned that when we upgrade from V4R5 that the Perl script may no longer work and we will be back to square one. Maybe a Java utility?

Comment

Joe Wells wrote: I received this tip from search400 I use Operations Navigator to access the spool files under Basic Operations/Printers. Click the outq that contains the spool file.I then right-click on the spool file I need and drag it to my desktop and drop it. The conversion to ASCII is done automatically and I can then create the e-mail and attach the document from my desktop. Hey now! MC ran that same tip about 2 or 3 years ago! Oh well...there's nothing new under the sun, I guess.

Comment

Joseph,
        You should be able to find an option in Notepad that selects/de-selects the "Word Wrap" function.
        Bill
        My problem is this when you display the report it is in notepad and when you go to print it wrapps the spool files and it is impossible to read the spool print out does anybody have any ideas on how to make this work.

Comment

Working...
        X