Sound Card Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Card Question

I am beginning to use a free package called DialPad. It is a site that allows you to place phone calls (local and long distance) via the internet. It works wonderful except for my sound card. I have an "SB Live!" card. It is not full duplex, I don't think. When I call someone, it acts like many speaker phones do (when one end is talking, it locks out the other end). Any suggestions on a sound card that would be full duplex and still have all the audio functionality of the "SB Live!" card? The SB web site is absolutely no help. Thanks in advance for any help.... Eric Hill J & E Designs, Inc. Muscle Shoals, AL hille@wlv.com

Sound Card Question

Almost any relatively modern sound card should be full duplex. It may be a toggle somewhere in the control panel or the sound cards config somehwere. I don't know exactly where a soundblaster live fits into the soundblaster timeline, but I believe everything since the soundblaster 16 has been full duplex. Brian

Comment

Sound Card Question

Thanks Brian. That's what I thought, too. I can't for the life of me find out where that is, though. The durn manual is no help. No discussion of duplex anywhere. I'll keep hunting..... Eric

Comment

Working...
      X