Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network computers/thin clients

On Monday, October 20, 1997, 11:02 AM, Rebecca Whittemore wrote:

I'd like to hear from anyone who's interested in talking about their experience with and/or knowledge about network computers. Anyone out there who's implemented any? Does anyone know: are they even ready for the real AS/400-centric world?

Thanks in advance.
     We are also looking for opinions/experiences from people/companies that have implemented color=#ff0000>network computers. We are looking to replace all of our dumb terminals and remaining 286/386 with something that would allow access to our LAN, AS/400, and possibly RS/6000. If it was strictly AS/400 and RS/6000 access then I could see staying with dumb terminals or X-terminals, but we would like to allow the users in our shipping offices and plants access to network applications like word processing (MS Word), spread sheets (Excel), and E-mail. I cannot see replacing these old computers with Pentium PCs, it would be overkill. Besides that…the cash outlay to replace the terminals and old PCs with Pentiums does not calculate out to be a friendly figure.

If anyone out there has experience with network computers and implementation, you input would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

Kevin Osterhoff

Wis-Pak, Inc.

Working...
X