Spool files to pc text file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spool files to pc text file

I have several large reports that I will need to run before Y2K for one of the departments I support. Instead of spending days printing these reports, I would like to translate them to text files and transfer them on to our LAN, were this department can view them, regardless of the AS400's status on Jan 1. I have done the commands CRTPF and CPYSPLF (trying *NONE, *FCFC, etc) without problem. In PDM, the file looks fine. I have tried using Attachmate's Extra to do a data transfer, but it doesn't see the file at all. I also tried Client Access's file transfer, which works. But instead of the file I see on the AS400, it looks like Hexadecimal or something, completely unusuable. I have tried quite a few of the format options in Client Access, but no success yet. I don't understand what the difference is between this PF and the Physical files created using Query 400, which translate without problem. Any ideas?

You can use Operations Navigator. Find the out queue and just drag and drop the spool file. When you drop it on your PC it is converted to a .txt file.

Comment

When you do the Client Access file transfer did you check in properties(on the AS400 to PC icon/file properties) to convert CCSID 65535? This might be your problem.

Comment

Working...
      X