Data Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Conversion

Hello There, You know these little micro cassettes you can stick on you pocket and record a meeting, etc. What I am looking for is something that will convert this micro cassete recorded info into a digital file that I can e-mail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Adios & thanx much, Rick C.

Data Conversion

Do you have access to software like Sound Forge? You can not only record from tape, CD, or a mic, but you can also edit it as you wish. Perhaps that's more sophisticated than you need. I don't know how much Sound Forge costs, I use it for free in the Multimedia Lab in my school.

Comment

Data Conversion

Susan, This is a start, thanx much. I'll look for it out on the web. Adios

Comment

Data Conversion

You could try the sound recorder that comes with Windows. To find it, click on "Start", "Programs", "Accessories", "Multimedia", "Sound Recorder". Options allow you to tailor for better sound quality or smaller file size.

Comment

Data Conversion

Rick, What about the "SOUNDRECORDER" in Windows. From the START menu take ACCESSORIES, MULTIMEDIA and SOUND RECORDER. This is a nifty little tool that I have used to make reminder messages for my PC to notify me, or put a funky (am I dated or what?) audio clip such as the opening soundtrack from "The Day the Earth Stood Still" to play at startup. I think there is a time limitation on the recorder, but for about 10 bucks you can buy a microphone to plug in and record your .WAV file. You then attach the .WAV file to your e-mail and send it off and voila! (Not pronounced VOE-EE-LAY as I thought as a child.) Hope this helps. Bret Myrick

Comment

Working...
          X