EXCEL & 29 Feb 1900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXCEL & 29 Feb 1900

Has anyone found a version of excel that does not have Feb. 29th, 1900 in its date routines. I thought this problem had been fixed two years ago when it was first noted!!! A client just got bit by it. thnx, bobh

EXCEL & 29 Feb 1900

MS has recently posted a "leap year fix" at the MS Office update web site (sorry I don't know the URL offhand). It is a rather large download. Dave

Comment

EXCEL & 29 Feb 1900

Bob, doing some research on this brought this interesting quotation from MS:
       1.Microsoft Excel treats 1900 as a leap year, even though it isn't a leap year. This was a design decision based on the desire to be compatible with Lotus 1-2-3, which originally introduced the (incorrect) identification of 1900 as a leap year. 
      So, they are blaming Lotus for the problem! This was taken from http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ba...fficey2000.htm . Probably the best way to handle it would be to code a substitute function the client could use instead of whatever they are using now. If you would need it, ask and I'll try whipping something up, just specify which function they are using now. Bill

Comment

EXCEL & 29 Feb 1900

1.Microsoft Excel treats 1900 as a leap year, even though it isn't a leap year. This was a design decision based on the desire to be compatible with Lotus 1-2-3, which originally introduced the (incorrect) identification of 1900 as a leap year. So, if Lotus jumped off a bridge into the river.... ==Scott==

Comment

EXCEL & 29 Feb 1900

Variations on Mother quote: Dick Smothers: If CBS told you to jump off a bridge would you do it? Tom Smothers: Not again! Dave

Comment

Working...
          X