Converting IDDU to DDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting IDDU to DDS

On Monday, April 06, 1998, 04:59 PM, paul enda/diana weglarz wrote: Help. Is there anyway to convert/migrate IDDU specs on a system/36 to AS/400 DDS specs???? we are in the process of converting system/36 data to a new AS/400 running V4R1. it sure would be helpful if we can convert the system/36 IDDU to DDS. OR all the sys/36 file defintions are in F&I source specs. is there a way to have the F&I specs create DDS. Any information would be greatly appreciated. thank you. Hi Paul & Diana, There are a number of tools on the market doing what you are requesting, if you are looking for a solution not requiring dollars to change ownership, I can think of a couple: 1. Run query over IDDU-defined (linked) file and send output to a file; query will create a native file. There are free tools like RTVFDDS on both MC's and NEWS/400's download sites, which will enable you to retrieve the DDS source from the object - if you're not able to locate one of them, I can mail you a copy. 2. To build DDS from F&I specs in my current S/36-conversion project, I've written a small utility to perform that task; if you are interested in something like that, please let me know and I'll mail you the source (CL & RPGIII). Best regards, Carsten Flensburg
Working...
X