Y2K for the S/36 or S/36E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y2K for the S/36 or S/36E

I have heard about Bypass 2000 more than enough! That is very satifying for the RPG/400 shop, but has IBM forgotten that there are more S/36 shops out in the field than AS/400s? I migrated to the S/36E as IBM has recomended for years but I still don't see anything form IBM as support for Y2K conversion for even the S/36E. I have tried two conversion utilities for S/36 and S/36E and the are much to be desired. At this point I don't know weather I am better off converting my applications to RPG/400 first, to be able to use the conversion utitlies that are out there for RPG/400 (of course not for the S/36). The common question is "is there another application out there that would overcome the conversion? Answer: No! We have modified our applications though the years and the only ones that come close run on a UNIX or NT Server... Does IBM have any answer to that or am I forced to move to one of the above?! I know I am not alone in this delema. If anyone knows of any solutions, I am very willing to hear from you! P.S. This message has also been posted on the Y2K Forum.
Working...
X