Advanced 36 Dialin Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced 36 Dialin Access

I have been asked by a local site to assist in setting up dialin access to their 9402 machine. They want to allow 2 or 3 support staff to be able to dialin to the machine from their homes during off hours. I am familiar with the AS/400, but not with the Advanced/36. What is the best way to set up a secure dialin on this machine? Does it support dial back? Thanks Paul Langford, Edmonton

Advanced 36 Dialin Access

I have 2 different solutions for you, I have used both.1. Have 1 PC in office with Client Access and PCAnyWhere32. RemotePC would use PCAnyWhere do dial into PC in office and could access the 36 or the PC network. I have this working with my Home PC calling into a NT server that has CA400 on it. 2. RCW (Company in Iowa) is a DOS based program that would be installed on a PC in the office that has twinax connection to 36. RCW would also be on remote PC. Supports CALL BACK and has its own security in addition to the 36 signon security. I have this working with my home PC running WIN95. There are other solutions.

Comment

Working...
    X