// RUN400 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• // RUN400 question

I can work on an AS/400, I can work on a S/36, but when you put the two together, it gets weird. I am working on an AS/400 with an Advanced S/36 machine running under it. On the 36 side, there is a new OCL statement - // RUN400 CMD-'any OS/400 command and parameters'. My questions are: 1) Does this have to be a command file, or can I call a CL Program? 2) How do I tell the system which OS/400 library to fetch this command/program from? Thanks for your help.

// RUN400 question

On Tuesday, April 06, 1999, 06:36 AM, jo lee wrote: I can work on an AS/400, I can work on a S/36, but when you put the two together, it gets weird. I am working on an AS/400 with an Advanced S/36 machine running under it. On the 36 side, there is a new OCL statement - // RUN400 CMD-'any OS/400 command and parameters'. My questions are: 1) Does this have to be a command file, or can I call a CL Program? 2) How do I tell the system which OS/400 library to fetch this command/program from? It likely accepts only CL commands. However, to invoke a CL Program, just use the CALL CL command. To specify the library of the command or program, just library qualify each/both. For example: QSYS/CALL PGM(MYLIB/MYPGM) PARM('P1' 2) There may be quoting considerations beyond the example given when used in the request: // RUN400; I have not used this. Regards, Chuck Comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind whatsoever.

Comment

// RUN400 question

You may include any CL command in an OCL member. Here is a tip for formatting:
        [*] Change the member type from OCL36 to CLP.[*] Put your CL commands in the proc using F4 for help, and formatting.[*] Save the member, ignoring any syntax errors.[*] Change the member type back to OCL36. Done. David Abramowitz[/list]

Comment

// RUN400 question

Chuck, you're right, I can call a CL program. I just had to get the statement formatted properly. // EVALUATE P1='SEND ' // RUN400 CMD-'SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(MYLIB/TESTCL) PARM(?1?)) JOB(TESTSEND)' or -- // RUN400 CMD-'SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(MYLIB/TESTCL) PARM(‘‘SEND’’)) JOB(TESTSEND)' David, thanks for the tip about formatting the CL in an OCL proc. Unfortunately, this isn't the Sys/36 environment. It's strictly OCL. The S/36 is running on the AS/400 as a separate environment, connected through the ILAN - like the old AS/436 only a newer model. - Jo

Comment

// RUN400 question

Any advice on the best way to send a S/36 file to As400 on multiple operating system machine. I have Accounting applications running under SSP S/36 and want to send file from there to AS400 application. Same physical box/machine. Do I use Passthru? Better way?

Comment

Working...
          X