WSU conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU conversion

We are faced with converting a large number of old S/36 WSU(Workstation Utility) programs to RPG data entry programs as part of a migration to the AS/400 either native or to the 36 environment. I would prefer to use a conversion utility software package if I can find one.

WSU conversion

You may want to check if WSU ever existed on the System/38. If it did, you may be able to convert the application to the WSU environment running in S/38 emulation mode on the 400. However, in a previous job I ran into this same problem, but from a System/34 application, and the resolution was to rewrite the applications in RPG III (at the time).

Comment

WSU conversion

Hi Lorraine, Been a while, but I'm prety sure the 38 never supported woosue. Here's what a current document has to say about it: http://www.as400.ibm.com/developer/ssp/consider.html Work Station Utility (WSU) programs cannot be migrated to S/36 Environment. These programs (an extension of RPG II) were often used in data entry applications on System/36. These programs must be rewritten for AS/400. I don't recall if there was any way to get something resembling source data that could be converted or not. Good Luck! Best, Joe Sam Joe Sam Shirah Autumn Software Consulting/Development/Outsourcing Please Note New Email: jshirah@attglobal.net Visit our User Group at: http://www.jax400.com

Comment

WSU conversion

I can't remember if WSU ever ran on the S/38 (I suspect not - WSU was established for S/34 MRT ease).....but....WSU is not available in the S/38 environment of the AS/400. WSU is also not available in the S/36 environment. The best advice I can give here, is that since you will have to rewrite the WSU functionality: Go native, and use all of the latest ILE advantages. Dave

Comment

Working...
        X