Internet usage - employee policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet usage - employee policy

A client of mine has asked what their employee policy should be with regards to Internet usage. Has anyone out there had to write such a policy? If so, could you share a few of your key thoughts with us here in this forum? Has anyone seen any good articles on this subject? If so, where? Are some sample policies lurking out there in cyberspace itself? If so, please record the web page addresses here. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Just an old mainframer--- Send E-mail if you remember 9-PAC or the GE-225!

On Wednesday, May 28, 1997, 06:24 PM, Frank Whittemore wrote: A client of mine has asked what their employee policy should be with regards to Internet usage. Has anyone out there had to write such a policy? If so, could you share a few of your key thoughts with us here in this forum? Internet and intranet policy: Contents: 1. Introduction -What is Internet and Intranet -What are WWW, News Group, FTP,... -What you can do with Internet/Intranet -Responsibility of Internet user 2. Summary of guidelines -How to behave in Intrenet -How avoid viruses -What about copyright -Confidentality is there any 3. Internet *General -How the trafic to Internet is built -Who can monitor company's traffic to Internet -How report security problems and what to do with them *Information search -Who are allowed to search information -Rights and oblications of user -How expences are divided between users *Communication -E-mail -FTP -Which information is allowed to transfer only when crypted -Who is allowed to send confidenntial data *News groups -Who is allowed to use (who gives permission) -How to behave in groups (this is my opinion/this is our company's opinion) *Publishing information in the Internet -How -Where -Who is the Chief Editor *Security -Who are responsible of security (my opinion=all) -How to handle files against viruses -Who has responsibility of firewall 4.Intranet -What is the purpose of the Intranet -How to restrict Intranet user's privileges to certain data -Who is the Chef Editor of 'sub Intranets' 5. Extranet -Who is allowed to use Extranet services -Who is responsible of the Extranet 6. Copyright -Every documet must have permission of copyright owner before publishing in Internet/Intranet Here some thoughts about Policy Matti Kujala Ahlstrom Kauttua ltd. Finland

Comment

I suggested to one of my Clients that they just clone the policy for the use of Company Cars and other Equipmentsuch as CELL PHONES... At first they thought I was joking, but the more they looked atthe situation the more sense it made... Bob Hamilton, Texas Business Systems, Richardson, Texas DEEP BLUE won only 2 of 6 games which won't evenget you on the CUBS or JETS.

Comment

Working...
      X