MQseries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MQseries

I am receiving messages from a Domino Server running on NT. I am wanting to write out the message id from MQSeries into a file for performance analysis. The message id in MQseries is 24 binary. How can I get this info using RPGIV. The message id is the Mqseries message id.

MQseries

Larry, Assuming you mean a 24-bit binary value, then the following bit of RPG shows one way to convert a 24-bit value to 32-bits (it accepts the 24-bit binary as a parameter for demonstration purposes). All you really have to do is make sure the 24-bit value is moved to the field Bin24 and then Bin32 is primed with the correct value.
     DOverlays ds D Bin32 10i 0 inz(0) D Bin24 3 overlay(Bin32:2) C *entry plist C Bin24 parm char3 3 C Bin32 dsply C move '1' *inlr C return 

Comment

MQseries

Oops, just realized I made a second assumption in my previous posting -- namely that negative message id values will not be returned. If this is true (they are not negative) then the previous bit of code should be OK; if they can be negative, then a little more code is needed. Let me know, Bruce

Comment

MQseries

Server jobs regardless that they might service a specific user for requests, generally do not perform actions for user profile features like INLPGM or INLLIBL stuff. This typically would be the function of something like an .INI file or other client/requestor to establish. So what happens instead, is that the job will simply start with its default work management; in this case the job description for the submitted job is QxxxHTTP as shown by the DSPJOB xxxxxx/QTMHHTTP/zzzzzzzzz; see WRKJOB OPTION(*DFNA) on the server job. With the ability to configure specific instances for the HTTP server jobs, I would think that the library list might be a configurable option. Regards, Chuck Comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind whatsoever.

Comment

MQseries

The field that I am recieving is 24 char. MQseries has placed what began as a binary field into a 24 character field. Is it possible to convert the contents of this field into a usable value. When looking at this field in debug it of course looks like garbage. My previous message was not accurate.

Comment

MQseries

On Friday, January 22, 1999, 01:30 PM, Larry Emery wrote: The field that I am recieving is 24 char. MQseries has placed what began as a binary field into a 24 character field. Is it possible to convert the contents of this field into a usable value. When looking at this field in debug it of course looks like garbage. My previous message was not accurate. Larry, You can use the C libarary function 'cvthc' to convert your 24 byte binary value to a 48 byte character value; like '123' converts into 'F1F2F3'. I noticed that you mentioned in your original posting that you needed this value to investigate performance -- the message descriptor also contains the PUT Date (pos. 305-312) and Time (pos. 313-320); but I guess you already know that?! Please mail me if you need a 'cvthc' RPG/IV code example. Best regards, Carsten Flensburg

Comment

MQseries

On Friday, January 22, 1999, 01:30 PM, Larry Emery wrote: The field that I am recieving is 24 char. MQseries has placed what began as a binary field into a 24 character field. Is it possible to convert the contents of this field into a usable value. When looking at this field in debug it of course looks like garbage. My previous message was not accurate. Larry, I presume the field you are referring to is the MSG ID or Correlation ID. These are the only common fields in MQ that I know are 24 bytes long. The MSGID and Correlation ID are set by the application (or left to nulls if operating in FIFO manner) Since they are defined as MQBYTE these fields are not translated as a message is sent between different platforms. I dont have any experience with the Notes Script connector so I cant tell you if it is possible to set the MSGID or not. If it is then you would need to do a ASCII to EBCDIC translation to get a readable ID. You mentioned you are trying to measure performance - One word of experience - We found the performance of persistant messages is far worse than non-persistant. Also try to minimize disconnects/connects to MQ (currently there is only 1 MQ Manger per AS/400 anyway). David

Comment

MQseries

I am researching the use of MQSeries. We are potentially receiving a large message through MQ (over 32,766 bytes). We are a COBOL/400 shop and I am wondering how we will be able to handle messages over the maximum length that allows our C0BOL (application) program to compile (the program that will allow me to GET and PUT messages from/to a queue). I've been looking through the online books, redbooks, and have not been able to successfully determine how to process this (if we can). We are receiving this large request message from a OS/390 platform to our AS400 machine (720) and will send back a reply. Thanks for your help.

Comment

MQseries

Thank you for your response. I was able during this week to determine that I am able to successfully compile with greater than 32k. When using certain COBOL statements (such as the DISPLAY and IF statements that we were using with one of the sample MQSeries program), we were unable to compile successfully when our buffer was 40000 bytes. I broke the buffer into smaller segments and was able to compile just as you said. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                  X