HTTP and Password Changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTTP and Password Changing

My HTTP server is configured to only allow access the the machine once the user has logged in using their AS/400 user id and password. When this password has expired, a web page is produced telling the user the passowrd has expired but does not give them the option to change it. As most of my users have never used (and never want to use) client access, especially just to change their password, I need to find a way of changing their password on the front screen. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks Dave.

On Tuesday, May 04, 1999, 03:40 AM, Dave Parnell wrote: My HTTP server is configured to only allow access the the machine once the user has logged in using their AS/400 user id and password. When this password has expired, a web page is produced telling the user the passowrd has expired but does not give them the option to change it. As most of my users have never used (and never want to use) client access, especially just to change their password, I need to find a way of changing their password on the front screen. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks Dave. We have a INet HTTP server on our AS/400. I have also worked with HTTP servers on other systems. I assume you have the IBM HTTP server. I assume that server works like the others I have worked with, and has a directory that contains web pages for errors. When some error occurs, the web server gets a web page for that error and sends it to the user. You can modify the web pages in the error directory to display an option to change password. We installed the INet server back on version 3 because it had user authority and secure sockets, but the IBM HTTP server on version 3 did not. Now that the IBM server has user authority and secure sockets we are considering a move to it. JHicks@SUZ.com

Comment

Dave - Did you ever get this working? All - Does anyone know of a way (via HTML) to change an expired password? TIA, Steve

Comment

Working...
      X