Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posting AFP documents to web...possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting AFP documents to web...possible?

Does anyone know of a technique or package that will enable me to post our AFP documents for viewing with a web browser?

Steven, if you have not resolved this issue, try this: On your remote PC through Network properties, you need an IP address(provided to you by ISP) as well as the setting up the ISP router's IP address as your gateway. From CA, the AS400 connection configuration will use the IP address of your AS400 system. hth.....
    On Wednesday, June 09, 1999, 04:20 PM, Jamie Langston wrote: Do you have a default route set up yet? So the AS/400 knows how to find your router? That is probably the missing piece of the puzzle. Your machines can find your AS/400, but your AS/400 can't find them back. On Saturday, June 05, 1999, 01:18 PM, Steven D. Overman wrote: We have a T1 (frame relay to ISP) to a Cisco 2601 to a network hub with a 170 (V4R3)and 2 PC's (Windows 95). The router has a proxy server function. No firewalls. We need to access and be accessed via the Internet. No web page for now, just remote access using Client Access. I'm testing this out and can not make a connection. I'm using the IP address assigned by the ISP when trying the connection from Client Access, but I feel there's something missing on the AS/400 to let it know there is a router there. All TCP/IP servers are started. I can still ping the AS/400 internally using our internal IP address. Does anyone have a suggestion, please? Steve

Comment

On Tuesday, June 08, 1999, 02:40 PM, Peggy Overman wrote: We have an AS/400 & PC network connected to the internet via a Cisco router (T1 line, no dial-up) and are not yet using the 400 as an email server. We can retrieve email from our ISP mail server (using Netscape) but cannot send it. I can ping the outbound server from the PC but not from the 400. How can I send my email?
      Peggy, for the time being, include your isp DNS in option 12 of CFGTCP, later on when you are using the AS400 as an email server, you need to have a static IP for the AS400 system from your ISP. hth....

Comment

If you need to convert AFP/IPDS reports to TIF or PDF formats and post them on a web server, take a look at our WinSpool/400 Web Report Server software. For more information, please contact me via Email or visit our web site. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Phn: 612-822-0412 Fax: 612-822-1364 Email: richard@rjssoft.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoft.com

Comment

Working...
        X