SMTP Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP Problem

Problem with SMTP - error CPFAF95 RC 03 SMTP Problem - error CPFAF95 RC 03 Steve Hajdu-Nemeth 08/24/99 Post new message in this thread Date: August 24, 1999 11:36 AM Author: Steve Hajdu-Nemeth (steve.hajdu-nemeth@na.nykline.com) Subject: SMTP Problem - error CPFAF95 RC 03 I am trying to setup SMTP mail on an as/400 Model 720. I seem to be having a problem. When I try to send a message with : SNDDST TYPE(*MSG) TOUSRID((JSMITHE ABCNYC30)) DSTD('test') MSG('test') The following error is recieved on QSYSOPR message queue each time I try to end the distribution: MSF job 482498/QMSF/QMSF ended. Reason code 03 Additional Message Information Message ID . . . . . . : CPFAF95 Severity . . . . . . . : 60 Message type . . . . . : Information Date sent . . . . . . : 08/24/99 Time sent . . . . . . : 12:48:47 Message . . . . : MSF job 482527/QMSF/QMSF ended. Reason code 03. Cause . . . . . : The mail server framework (MSF) job ended. Reason code 03. Reason codes and their meanings follow: 00 - The MSF job ended normally. A job log may not exist. 01 - An internal object was not found that is needed by the MSF job. 02 - An internal object could not be allocated by the MSF job. 03 - An internal system error was detected by the MSF job. 04 - Exit point program QTMMADRS in library QTCP for exit point QIBM_QZMFMSF_ADR_RSL failed in the MSF job. 05 - Exit point program QTMMADRS in library QTCP for exit point QIBM_QZMFMSF_ADR_RSL indicated the MSF job is to be ended. Processing for MSF message ID 102K5VM9908241248460000000079 was ended and will be processed again the next time MSF jobs are started using the Start Mail Server Framework (STRMSF) command. Recovery . . . : Based on the reason code, do one of the following: 00 - Use the Start Mail Server Framework (STRMSF) command to start the MSF jobs again. 01 - Use the End Mail Server Framework (ENDMSF) command to end all MSF jobs. Then use the Start Mail Server Framework (STRMSF) command to start the MSF jobs again. This will create any internal objects needed by the MSF jobs. 02 - Use the End Mail Server Framework (ENDMSF) command to end all MSF jobs. Then use the Start Mail Server Framework (STRMSF) command to start the MSF jobs again. 03 - Use the Display Job Log (DSPJOBLOG) command to determine the cause of the job failing. There may be messages listed in the job log to determine what caused the job to fail. Correct any errors and then use the End Mail Server Framework (ENDMSF) command to end all MSF jobs. Then use the Start Mail Server Framework (STRMSF) command to start the MSF jobs again. 04,05 - Use the DSPJOBLOG command to determine the cause of the exit point program failing. There may be messages listed in the job log to determine what caused the exit point program to fail. Correct any errors and then use the End Mail Server Framework (ENDMSF) command to end all MSF jobs. Then use the Start Mail Server Framework (STRMSF) command to start the MSF jobs again. If the problem continues, report the problem using the Analyze Problem (ANZPRB) command. Refer to the System API Reference, SC41-5801, for information about the MSF interfaces. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------- When I check the joblog for the the QMSF job that failed, I find the following message: CPF9846 Escape 40 08/24/99 12:48:46 QOKSCHD QSYS 13B9 QTMMADRS QTCP *STMT To module . . . . . . . . . : QTMMADRS To procedure . . . . . . . : Get_Directory_Info__FP18parms_for_qtmsinetP14s earch_parms_tP16Directory_Info_s Statement . . . . . . . . . : 1751 Message . . . . : Error while processing file in library . Cause . . . . . : An error occurred while doing input or output operations to the file in library . If the file name and the library name are *N, then the file is an internal file used by the system. Recovery . . . : See the previously listed messages in the job log. Correct the errors and then try the request again. *** notice that the file name and library names are blank in the message. Clearly, this is par of the problem.!!!! **** -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------ The directory entry for this user looks like this: User ID/Address . . . . : JSMITH ABCNYC30 Description . . . . . . : John Smith DEVELOPER System name/Group . . . : NYKNYC30 User profile . . . . . : JSMITH Network user ID . . . . : JSMITH ABCNYC30 Name: Last . . . . . . . . : First . . . . . . . . : Middle . . . . . . . : Preferred . . . . . . : Full . . . . . . . . : Department . . . . . . : Job title . . . . . . . : Company . . . . . . . . : Locally-defined . . . . : Yes Indirect user . . . . . : No Print cover page . . . : Yes Mail notification . . . : All mail Text . . . . . . . . . : Mail service level . . : System message store Preferred address . . . : SMTP name Address type . . . . : cc:Mail (trademark of Lotus Development Corporation): cc:Mail address . . . : cc:Mail comment . . . : Allow synchronization . : Yes DLO owner . . . . . . . : User profile Last update: Date/Time . . . . . . : 08/24/99 11:46:01 User ID/Address . . . : JSMITH ABCNYC30 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Display Name for SMTP System: ABCNYC30 User ID/Address . . . . . : JSMITH ABCNYC30 SMTP user ID . . . . . . : jsmith SMTP domain . . . . . . . : ABCNYC30.NA.ABCLINE.COM SMTP route . . . . . . . : -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------ The TCP/IP Domain information looks like this: Change TCP/IP Domain (CHGTCPDMN) Type choices, press Enter. Host name . . . . . . . . . . . 'ABCNYC30' Domain name . . . . . . . . . . 'NA.ABCLINE.COM' Host name search priority . . . *LOCAL *REMOTE, *LOCAL, *SAME Domain name server: Internet address . . . . . . . 'XXX.108.91.25' 'XXX.108.91.26' -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------ The following entries exist in the host table: Work with TCP/IP Host Table Entries System: ABCNYC30 Type options, press Enter. 1=Add 2=Change 4=Remove 5=Display 7=Rename Internet Host Opt Address Name XXX.1.111.10 abcnyc10-e1 127.0.0.1 LOOPBACK LOCALHOST XXX.108.91.1 ROUTER XXX.108.91.2 ABCNYC30 ABCNYC30.NA.ABCLINE.COM XXX.108.91.5 AAARS6000 XXX.108.91.7 ABCnyc10-tr1 XXX.108.91.8 ABCnyc10-tr2 ABCNYC10 XXX10 XXX.108.91.9 ABCNYC20 SYSTEM20 S170 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------ *** IMPORTANT *** If I change the following, I no loger recieve the error, BUT no distribution is sent(or recieved) at all!! Remove the " ABCNYC30.NA.ABCLINE.COM " Host name for address XXX.108.91.2 (leaving only ABCNYC30) AND remove the DNS addresses from from the TCP/IP domain information. Thanks for any input Steve H

SMTP Problem

Steve, I don't know if this will fix your problem, but you can specify the SMTP address directly on the SNDDST command if you set up a gateway entry in your system directory. The instructions for doing this can be found in publication sg244703 which is available in PDF format only. The instructions listed do not work as published. I used the following command: ADDDIRE USRID(INTERNET USERS) SYSNAME(yoursystem) USRD('Context switching entry') USER(*NONE) MSFSRVLVL(*USRIDX) PREFADR(NETUSRID *IBM ATCONTXT) This may not solve your problem and there may be more steps involved, but this makes it easier to send mail directly. You may also want to run the cvtnamsmtp command if you have not already done so. This will put the entries in your system directory and removes the 24 character name limit. There are several caveats with this command so press help and read the appropriate section in the Electoronic mail capabilities manual first. David Morris

Comment

SMTP Problem

As it happens, I needed a nymber of PTFs to solve the problem. I am running V4R3 with the cume level of TC99131 The following PTFs were applied: 5769999 - MF22068 5769SS1 - SF58159 5769SS1 - SF56692 5769SS1 - SF56691 5769SS1 - SF56394 5769SS1 - SF56235 5769SS1 - SF55484 5769SS1 - SF55254 5769TC1 - SF57548 5769TC1 - SF57557 After applying these, I did set up the directory entry as indicated and was able to use the SNDDST command to send mail.

Comment

Working...
      X