Emailing from CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emailing from CL

I have been trying to use the SNDEMAIL code found in the September '98 downloads. The problem I am having is that after I have run the command, we are not getting any message back at all (we use Lotus Notes). I am unsure if it is actually getting as far as creating the IFS file as it is not there when I look. I am assuming that the API QtmmSendMail is deleting the file when it is finished. Are we supposed to put in the MIME header file name the whiole path like 'SYDAD/QDLS/MIMEHDR.TXT'? I have checked in the QSYSWRK joblogs and have found nothing that would indicate that something has even happened. Any ideas? Morris

Emailing from CL

Morris, I don't know how that code is supposed to work, but you might try compiling thr program or module to allow source debugging. You can then step through the code line by line. That usually helps me to understand unfamiliar code. If the API is getting an error, you should see that in the error parameter. The E-mail server on the AS/400 can be difficult to get configured. I have a set of standard questions/answers which may help you to determine if the Mail Server Framework and distribution directories are correctly configured. Send me an E-mail at dmorris@plumcreek.com if you think that may be usefull. David Morris

Comment

Emailing from CL

Did you start anymail/400? STRMSF. Vadim

Comment

Emailing from CL

If you're looking for an easy way to send email from the AS/400 command line, consider taking a look at our new SMTP/400 product. SMTP/400 is a command line based email API that works with the AS/400 Mail Server Framework (MSF) using the QTMM api or by utilizing the native SMTP protocol. This means you don't have to have the AS/400 mail server running in order to send email messages. You can use any SMTP mail server such as Lotus Notes, Novell Groupwise, MS Exchange, etc..... For more information, please contact me via Email or visit our web site. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Phn: 612-822-0412 Fax: 612-822-1364 Email: richard@rjssoft.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoft.com

Comment

Working...
        X