Internet access from AS/400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet access from AS/400

I've got a T1 line connection to the internet. The T1 comes into a router that then is connected to our ethernet network. I've added a default route on the AS/400 (so it can find the router). But I still can't ping anything past the internal network. From option 2 on the NETSTAT command the *default route shows available. Any ideas or is there a document on the web that steps you through connecting your AS/400 to the internet? Thanks, Scott ps. The PC's on the same network have no problem communicating to the internet.

Yes, I don't know the URL, but if you go to the IBM Redbooks site, and serch on the words "Cool Title", you will come up with "Cool Title about the AS/400 and the Internet" which provides a step by step instruction of what to do, and how to do it. Dave

Comment

I had that same type of problem, and it turned out htat I was calculating my IP range wrong, and my AS/400 had an IP out of range. One way I found this out was by looking at the job log, or help on the error message, and it told me that the route had to be withing the same IP mask as one of my TCP/IP addresses. After a little checking and finding out what the problem was, everythign was happy. Now, are you trying to ping IP addresses or names? I can ping IP addresses no problem, but not names as I don't have an external names server set up. I went to one of my PCs and did a PING www.as400.com and then went to the AS400 and pinged the IP address I was shown the PC ping was doing. Regards, Jim Langston

Comment

Working...
      X