ASP and Client Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP and Client Access

Hi all. I´ve installed Client Acces in a NT 4.0 with IIS 4, where I´ve put a web application based on Active Server Pages. Every time I try to do an OPEN database, just like this: Set CN = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") CN.Open "DSN=AS400;UID=PCUSER;PWD=PCUSER", "PCUSER", "PCUSER" the follow message appears: "IBMODBC Controler Client Access (32 bits) DB2/400 SQL Communication Link Failure COMM RC=0x5 asppage.asp, line x (where I make OPEN)" If I refresh the same page a lot of times, the follow message appears: "Microsoft OLEDB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '800004005' MicrosoftController ODBC Administrator The Server is not Available." The amazing story is that the same connection string I use in the ASP page works fine if I use it in a Visual Basic 6.0 program: it open the connection and allows me to launch recordsets. How is it possible? Anybody can help me? Thanks.

ASP and Client Access

IF possible use client access express as it handles asp much better. Otherwise, see my article in Client Access Expert, possibly it is available on the web, about running CA as a service. ASP runs as an NT service program, and needs to run CA as a service. CA 95/NT by default can not run as a service without a "tweak" that is overviewed in the article. http://www.midrangecomputing.com/ane...d=188&md=19994 is the link for the article. please let me know if this helps you. Howard Arner,

Comment

Working...
    X