SMTP Mail - QRYDST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP Mail - QRYDST

Perhaps I am missing something. I have configured my AS/400 model 720, running V4R3 as and SMTP and POP server. I have successfully sent and email message, and attachment to a recipient using the SNDDST command and a standard internet email address. I have configured Netscape Messenger to use as a mail client. I can send mail with this client through the 400 to a recipient using a standard EMAIL address. The recipient can then respond back to me and I can see this response as a message in Netscape Messenger. What I need to do (and can't seem to figure out) is receive the mail from the AS/400 side. I though I could use the QRYDST command for a specific user and find that mail has been sent, and the RCVDST to receive the mail. But the QRYDST command tells me I have 0 dsistributions. I'll say it another way. I have signed on to my AS/400 as FOOUSER (set up in the distribution directory to use SMTP mail). The 400 has a domain of MY400.CORPDOMAIN.COM. So the sender address would be FOOUSER@MY400.CORPDOMAIN.COM I use the SNDDST command on a command line to send a message to SOMEUSER@SOMEDOMAIN.COM (an internet EMAIL account). If the user responded back to the message I would expect to be able to use the QRYDST command to find the response, i.e QRYDST USRID(FOOUSER MY400). But, the system returns the message that "Requested distribution complete, 0 distributions." No if I connect with Netscape Messenger as this user, I can see the response. So, the question is why can't I see the repsonse with QRYDST and/or haow can I get the repsonse from the 400 side. Thanks Steve H

SMTP Mail - QRYDST

I believe QRYDST only works with addresses that have a mail service level of User Index. By forwarding the mail to the PC you lose the Distribution options for that user.

Comment

SMTP Mail - QRYDST

This is exactly the problem I'm having! I am trying to setup Deskmaster software. Can anyone help?

Comment

Working...
      X