Listing directories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listing directories

I wish to list a sub-directory that contains a varying number of html coded reports. These are the only files in this sub-directory. Since they vary, I do not want to have to code a link from my main page to each file. I'd like to be able to list the directory and allow the user to click on a file in that list to open the html as a page. I've scoured several books but can't seem to find an answer. This is what someone told me to try but I still get the "You are not authorized to view this page" error. I've opened up all the authorities on the directories and files within them and it still happens. > Okay, what you'd do is create a directory and > call it oh, let's say "reports". It would > look like this: www.yoursite.com/reports/ . Now, in > this directory, you'd upload all of your html reports, > but make sure you don't create an index file (index.html > or .htm). When the visitor goes to "http://www.yoursite.com/reports", > they'll simply see a listing of all your reports (as > long as you don't upload a file named "index"!). Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Dave.

Listing directories

It all depends on the webserver you are using, you need to enable dir browsing on the settings, example: NT IIS under serveice properties for WWW you would check Directory Browsing Allowed,

Comment

Listing directories

I'm using the AS/400 as my web server for these pages.

Comment

Working...
      X