ASP vs. DataQs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP vs. DataQs

I have put together a VB ActiveX DLL for working with DataQs on our Host. The object works fine when running from a VB exe file. However, when used from an Active Server Page, it completely hangs up the IIS server on our network. I have narrowed it down to cbwDQ_Open as being the culprit. All the other initialization APIs (cwbDQ_CreateData,cwbDQ_SetConvert,cwbSV_CreateErr Handle,cwbSY_LogonUser,etc) perform flawlessly. I am also using ODBC in other objects without a problem. Has anyone else run into this problem?? If so, I would appreciate knowing how you got around it. Thanks!

ASP vs. DataQs

If so, I would appreciate knowing how you got around it. Don't use ASP . Seriously, take a look at JSP and servlets. It's a much cleaner architecture than ASP, IMHO. src="//www.zappie.net/java/_derived/index.htm_cmp_zero110_vbtn_p.gif" width="140" height="60" border="0" alt="Java400.net - Java/400 Freeware" align="middle"> Java400.Net - where the AS/400 speaks Java with an RPG accent Home of PBD1.2, the FREE Java/400 Client/Server Toolkit

Comment

ASP vs. DataQs

Joe, Unfortunately, that is not an option! Orders from on high, etc........ Thanks, Wayne

Comment

ASP vs. DataQs

What version of CA are you running? IBM recommends CA/Express ODBC drivers on the NT server running ASP (most of the time).

Comment

Working...
        X